A LOCAL FAMILY OWNED COMPANY WITH A PROUD HISTORY
In 1926 Henry Malone left his job on the Tyne shipyards to set up his own business. He began trading as 'H Malone Plumbing & Heating Engineer' from his house in South Gosforth, Newcastle Upon Tyne. He carried out work in local houses, shops and businesses and quickly gained an excellent reputation across the region for his high quality of workmanship and professionalism.
Over the years his workload increased and he eventually employed a handful of labour including his four sons Weston, Ernest, Stanley and Harry. His business then became known as H. Malone & Sons.
His thriving business soon outgrew his ability to work from home so he opened a small workshop on Elmfield Road in Gosforth.
When World War Two began, Henry's four sons all joined the armed forces and went overseas to fight. Stanley was killed in action but Weston, Ernest and Harry returned and continued to work for their father.
The company continued to grow and carried out a substantial amount of work for local authorities at several schools across the region.
In 1964 H. Malone & Sons became a limited company, and in 1969 moved into a new combined office and workshop building on Gosforth Industrial Estate.
A third generation of the Malone family then became involved when Weston, Steve and Stan all joined the company. The business grew considerably when it began working with national building contractors on bigger and more complex mechanical installations. It also began teaming up with its electrical partners to provide a complete M&E package which allowed it to compete with national M&E companies.
Today, over 90 years since it began trading, a fourth generation of the Malone family including Weston, Peter and Rob continue to develop and grow the business.